Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

15 March 2007

Get Wisdom


Over at the Blog for Revolution, the young adult ministry that I lead at Freedom House in Brantford, this morning I posted a bit of an online tutorial about using Biblegateway.com and some other tools and methods of digging into the scripture in the internet age. Check it out...

This has been my favorite scripture lately...

Proverbs 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them

I love it, because it is such a solution to a plethora of issues that plague many a weary Christian.

How do I hear God?
What I am supposed to do with my life?
Where should I turn next?

God's answer??? Just Get Wisdom

Does God ever talk smack to you? He does to me. Often when I finally break down and ask him for wisdom about things that I've waste valuable hours thinking about... he'll lay me out pretty good.

It's so obvious. How do we miss it... and continue to miss it???

James 1 5-8 (The Message)

If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believing, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.

7 comments:

Matt Vaandering said...

i never knew God was a smurf...

Big Ear Creations said...

Yeah... he's hid it well

Notes from the Tall, Dutch Guy said...

one of my favourite scriptures these days comes exactly one chapter before yours.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

And I thoroughly enjoy that sign, but instead of God, you should be the smurf, cause I have prevously envisioned you as Papa Smurf.

amy said...

Hi,

I linked to your site from Jamie Aprin Ricci's site. I saw that you were in Ghana for 7 months. I was wondering if I could pick your brain a little bit.

I'm going to Ghana this summer with a group of high school students. I'm big into missions, but have never been to Africa, and definately not Ghana. The youth pastor has never led a missions team before. I'd love to hear your insight into the culture, the people, what's effective, what's not...any thing that might help me grasp what we can do to prepare these highschoolers to get there...and also to plan for what we'll do once we're there.

if you don't mind...my email is wingfiea@hotmail.com
I would really appreciate hearing about your ministry there and hopefully learning a little more about the people and church in Ghana.

RunningFree said...

praying for wisdom & discernment every day has definately made life easier for me over the years...
(& likely prevented a few verbally destructive confrontations from acting on human impulse alone.)

its a good thing we have God to show us the best way for everyone's sake:D

hannah said...

wow thanks. i really needed to hear this.

Big Ear Creations said...

Will: Let me get this straight. You have pictured me as Papa Smurf before this??? Is is the snow white beard?

Amy: Ghanaians are wonderful people and I'll email you with some further details for sure! You'll love it.

Mel: It's so true. I used to believe this in theory but these last few years at Freedom House, it's totally come to life that God speaks and dishes out "every spiritual gift!" Its amazing!

Hannah: Everyone has days like your appeared to have yesterday! Ha... I think we have them everyday in one way or another... it all about how much we indulge our emotions it seems, instead of taking a deep breathe and knowing that God's in control and he'll guide our steps.

Hey Hannah... you're cool.

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...