Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

5 March 2007

"Jesus gave us a new van"


This is what my kids say about our vehicles. It's what we tell them... because it's the truth. A few weeks after our "vehicular breakthrough"/ car accident. Friday we welcomed a 1999 Ford Windstar to the fam. The insurance money we received from "AstroBoy" being written off totally covered this new/used van.

The day in the photograph on the right, was our Missionary Commissioning Ceremony on our second-to-last day in Ghana back in the winter of 2000. That day I made a vow to God. Biblically, I suppose they're called covenants. This is the deal I made with God..

If you always take care of my family and provide for their every need, I'll live a life that challenges people view of how BIG you are.

It's extremely fun on a daily basis to see how both of those things manifest themselves. Because God simply does not fail. Because he's God.

2 comments:

Matt Vaandering said...

despite the fact that the van was covered by insurance, i still would consider it "reaped". Thus, sow 1 car, get 3

The Bean Bag Chair said...

Nice van...nice theory matt...NICE GOD! I love it that he is in the car business!

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...