Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

12 March 2007

Red thoughts

Found a very interesting post from Hannah... a cool blogger in Vancouver....

"So I was pointed to a new website...

and i love it!

You know all the product(red) stuff that a collaboration of celebrities are a part of, and other company's like The Gap & Apple? Well I always thought it was a good idea in essence, but when it came down to it, jacking up the price 30% and then only giving 10% to the cause seemed a little too much like a marketing scheme.
Then I found this....

BUY LESS CRAP!"


The website is buylesscrap.com. I'm personally a fan of the Red Concept. But it IS a second best solution. It's a way to make our selfish society become involved in the world around them... possibly without really caring...but Hannah's right...

Simply giving is what God rewards... because it's sacrifice.

Remember a few weeks ago when we had the big Millionaire for Life Lottery? I was chatting with my brother saying, "Man if somehow I won this, I could buy a new church building, start a business, facilitate other Christians to start business's and that money could become such a blessing... then the next Million would come the next month!"

He said to me... "no it wouldn't... not to you at least... because it wouldn't be a sacrifice for you."


Hmmm...

Mark 12: The Widow's Offering
41Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins,worth only a fraction of a penny.

43Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

1 comment:

Matt Vaandering said...

I like that thought. I have way more stuff than I need. I wonder how long i can go without buying anything unneccessay. Except that's a dumb thing for me to say. I always think "I'm just going to spend less so that I can give to others." I'm good at the first part but I suck at the second. ps: I would have gladly accepted a million dollars from you, even if it wasn't a sacrifice!

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...