Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

18 May 2007

Friday Nights on the Street



Last fall and summer, we spent every Friday night out on the street Barbecuing for whoever came by. It was quite fascinating to see the hamster running around in the wheel of people's minds as they tried to figure out why people were doing something for nothing.

But you know what? Meeting people's physical needs are just A method of opening door to meeting their real need of salvation. It's A METHOD of achieving something... and not THE goal.

Mark 8:36

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?


Stuff is just stuff. Food is just food. Clothing is just clothing. God says this...

Isaiah 61:10
I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Tonight... I'll be headed out on to the streets... letting God meet REAL needs with a different method. It will be a Victoria Day weekend to remember for someone.

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...