Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

2 May 2007

Wiped Out


This must be why people take vacations.

I need a nap.

One that lasts 3 days.

I feel like I'm working all the time.

Yet... I wouldn't trade my life for anyones.

Glad I do like it too... because I don't see an end in sight.

I honestly wonder how people take vacations.

How do they afford it?
Where do they put their kids?
How do they get jobs that give them time off?

Krissy has always wanted to go to Hawaii. But anywhere topical would be much fun.

I 'd love to go somewhere with no activities. Activity people bug me. George Costanza once said "Everybody is doing something... we'll do NOTHING". And no people.

I like people. I honestly do.
I have written in my old King James Bible that;

"Time spent with God is the best way to prepare for time spent with man"

It's a true statement. But allow me to make another true statement.

"Time spent alone with your wife stops your from going postal on other humans."

Dreaming..... mmmmmmmmmmm.......

Hey you still here?
Leave me alone eh... I'm dreaming...

Oh great... now it's gone.
Thanks for that numbty.
Back to work.
Grr.

3 comments:

Notes from the Tall, Dutch Guy said...

I hate trying to explain why God asks me to do some things, because even if I'm right in my reasoning, there is so much more reason that I don't know.
But did I ever tell ya why God told me to go back to afternoons? It's cause He wants me to avoid people for a while. What you siad last night pretty much nailed it on the head about how we/I need to know God more. If i work afternoons I will be able to spend time with God that I have been neglecting lately. If I work afternoons I can go home with no other plans and no one to distract me and I can get back to having God teach me whatever He wants.

HasTheVoice.com said...

Hi Dave,
You touched on TIME.
Well, did you know that at three minutes and four seconds after 2am on the 6th of May this Sunday, the time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07? This will never happen again.

Hopefully, later on Sunday I will be celebrating the Sabres' game 6 victory against the New York Rangers to move into the NHL's final four!...looked like a CONSPIRACY last night against the Sabres and Daniel Briere...

ALL the best,
Ralph

Matt Vaandering said...

dude, you and Krissy will go to Hawaii one day. But I recomend Tahiti instead. It's probably pretty similar, but it's not the USA.

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...