Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

1 July 2007

Scraps



In the movie Braveheart... this man




said this...

"You're so concerned with squabbling for the scraps from Longshanks' table that you've missed your God-given right to something better."




To his people about this man...


Whether those were his real words or not, it was the principle that he communicated to the Scottish people, inspiring them to fight for their freedom. They fought. They won. History tells the tale.

I think of this quote at gatherings that are filled with niceties instead of legitimate relationship. Hanging on to the past clouds the ability for a fruitful now and furthermore.

I think of it when I see the church restricting God's burning desire for movement in the name of comfort and class.

I think of it when style is consumed over substance.

I think of it when laws are passed that cater to the whims of the day... flying in the face of ancient principles of truth

But you have to CHOOSE to FIGHT for THE BEST. Without fighting, we're choosing this...




over this...









It's enough to get by, but not THE BEST

Tell me... where do see scraps being gobbled like they're steak?

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Dude. GOOD MOVIE. I watched it for the first time a couple months ago, and it immediately became my most favourite movie of all time. If I ever get into ministry someday, there's only about a million sermon illustrations in it...

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...