Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

10 August 2007

Herald the weirdo's! Summon the losers and the freaks!

A few weeks ago, I wrote about "The Vision"... as one of the most beautifully God-via man-written pictures of what this generation will look like. Check the whole thing out here if you missed it...

I'm quite sure that I've had it with celebrity and title. It's something that these people who "eat caviar on Monday and crusts on Tuesday" have no taste for.
It's actually a disgusting trap.
Yet, one that can con even those most repelled by it's very odor into the snare.


It's sickening to me that I want to be "recognized". It's actually sin living in me Paul goes on to say. I hate when I begin talking about poplar church movements like they're my buddies or gushing about the worship flavor of the month. Detecting this in me makes me want to go Ezekiel 4.

I don't think of myself as a prideful person... yet God convicts me about my pride more than anything else. There are even times when I hear my own words as I'm teaching others... only taste the rancid pride about my own experience oozing into the mix.

I'm reading as much as I can about the 24/7 prayer movement (Red Moon Rising, IHOP, etc...) that is sweeping across the church in these days. Funny enough, these things were birthed from a relatively desolate place by people who's humbleness and ignorance were used by God more than their stature and knowledge.

I get a sick feeling when people use good books or Christian TV or radio... or even the local pastor... as their idol. Looking at how wonderfully they've been used by God and using them as their hero.

I'll guarantee you that somewhere in Africa, there were churches praying 24/7 , totally unheralded, because of their love for God long before Mike Bickle.

I'll bet that some don't even know what "being known" means! They're too busy knowing God to write books about it and get on a speaking circuit. I'm sure Mike Bickle wouldn't care if he wasn't known or not. God finds good soil to call His resting place... then we do silly things with it.

There's a part of me that wants to know LESS about people and their glorious church history. Their history is not my now. Often we hear and want to either deify or vilify them. I want to care less about their books and speaking engagements. I want to take out the ipod ear buds and be someone who has an "ear to hear". I want to crawl into that secret place and groan the groans of the spirit for a while.

Summon the losers!

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...