Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

6 September 2007

The truth is in the grass


Sometimes you can learn more from a blade of grass that you can from a space shuttle looking down at the earth. Granted, I've only ever done one of those two things.

Christ could have spent all his time telling people long drawn out details accounts of heaven. Instead he dropped nuggets like...

Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
I've been having a down day. No real reason. Just blah and overwhelmed with worldly bits of busywork nothing. I had to force myself out of the office for a change of scenery today.

So I sat out on a bench on the Hamilton mountain overlooking the "Golden Horseshoe" and listened to David Crowder sing. I like this guy. Not afraid to proclaim AND lament. I wish I had that sometimes... but music of those who can helps breathe.

Anyway, God got me thinking (I'm a thinker before I'm a feeler) as I looked out at the financial heart of Canada. It's really very small. So insignificant from afar. Then I looked at the tangled brush that was growing on the top of the escarpment. I thought of this verse:

1 Corinthians 3: 6I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. 7So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.
Then i was quiet.
We make a lot of stuff. Some of our stuff is pretty cool.
Even some of the ministry trick's and groups and programs we've thought of are pretty clever...

But only God makes stuff grow.
The truth is in the grass.

1 comment:

Matt Vaandering said...

yah...i like that

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...