Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

19 December 2007

Mmmm...The Soup of Nothingness

Genesis 1-2 "First this: God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don't see. Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness. God's Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss."

As Homer (the yellow one... not the 7th Century BC Greek author) would say, "Mmmm soup of nothingness" . When I went away to college, my personal testimony about Christ was rarely challenged. My Sunday routines were quite acceptable to the heathens in the crowd. My abstinence of lust and liquor was viewed as an acceptable personal choice. But the very thought that God created the earth was so preposterous to the academic community that, in their eyes, my belief in this theory poked Swiss cheese holes in my Christian story.

I'm not the only one to feel this. Comedian and Political Junkie Ben Stein is about to release a mainstream documentary called, "No Intelligence Allowed" about why "intelligent design," has been ignored for so long by the majority of the scientific community. Creation is about to become a very publicly debated issue. So we'd better have an answer... right?

Maybe. There are those like Judah Etinger who NEEDED "the answers" and on his own began to dig into "the proofs" for Creation. He wrote a terrific book called "Foolish Faith" (the whole book is online at www.foolishfaith.com ) that uses "The Anthropic Principle" with many little nuggets like,
"If the earth was located only slightly farther away from the sun, it would freeze like the planet Mars. If it was only slightly closer, it would burn up in heat like the 860°F temperature on Venus..".

Etinger says,

"This combination of coincidences… that is indeed remarkable. There is no better evidence to support the argument that the Universe has been designed for our benefit -- tailor-made for man."

How would I have known this theory if I hadn't chosen to study it? I wouldn't have. Did I know this fact the day that I chose to love the Lord my God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength. Not even close. All I knew was that my heart was free and everything looked beautiful again. Never will we be able to prove everything. In fact, proof before faith is somewhat contrary to how the Kingdom of God works.

Was the world created LITERALLY in 7 days. I don't know, and frankly I don't care. It could be literal or metaphorical for all I care. What I know is that there ARE answers... because I KNOW it happened somehow... because when I look around and all I see is beauty. The proof of creation is everywhere you look. Read. Learn. Study. But in the Kingdom of God, sometimes proof looks different.

1 comment:

Eric said...

http://www.prevailmagazine.org/?p=28

http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/index.php

http://www.reasons.org/resources/apologetics/

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...