Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

31 March 2008

I think I just threw up on that pregnant dude

Here's a little nugget of abomination for ya:

Follow me here. Thomas Beatie is a transgendered man. He used to be gay female but is now legally male and married to a woman named Nancy.

And he's pregnant. With a human. A human baby.

From CTV.ca:

"Sterilization is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights," he says in the article.

Beatie said he stopped taking his testosterone injections to get pregnant. He claims to have already gone through an ectopic pregnancy.

Beatie, who got pregnant through home insemination, said it was a "life-threatening event" that resulted in the loss of all the embryos (he had triplets) and his right fallopian tube.

Now, his second time getting pregnant, Beatie says the pregnancy is free of complications.

"How does it feel to be a pregnant man? Incredible," he says in the article.

"Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am."

Would you prefer throwing up right now on your computer keyboard... or maybe you'd like to wait a couple of hours and process how horrible this is THEN spend some QUALITY time vomiting?

You choose... I think it will also help if you shower.
This story is not funny whatsoever.


8 comments:

Eric said...

I believe abomination is the nicest way I can put it... not that I really should be "nice" about this at all!

kate said...

this story is a little funny-don't you think. I mean seriously a pregnant man/woman...that is good. mmmm don't feel like vomiting-it is different to say the least and yet we are to love him/her and it all at the same time. I like this blog made me think. thanks Dave-miss you and miss Jenny SO MUCH. xo

Matt Vaandering said...

I thought arnold schwarzenegger was the first man to get pregnant. Didn't they make a movie about it called "Junior"?http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110216/

Dave Carrol said...

Hey Katie friend... you know it's super true about loving this guy. I really don't like how people who do thinks that we find unpleasant get thrown to the side.

It's obvious that there is lots being done out of hurt. And we're CALLED really... to be managers of the earth. God gave us dominion over earth so it's tough sometimes to look at the lengths that humans have gone to stray from the beautiful setting that God gave us in the first place.

Isabella said...

Sorry, but I think it is beautiful.
Rock on pregnant dude!

Dave Carrol said...

Rock on pregnant dude... haha...

I just hope he's thinkin' c-section.

I've witnesses this process thrice now... it requires certain "dimensions" to make it all work well.

Jenean Killgore said...

We discussed this man in one of my classes a few weeks back, he can have a natural birth just like any women because he kept his female genitals and reproductive organs. He only got the breast reconstructive surgery and the hormones so he would grow facial hair, his jaw would square out to have a more masculine look and his voice would drop. So they stop the hormones during the pregnancy so it doesn't affect the fetus and every thing goes the same as any other pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...