Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

18 March 2008

What I really do at work


Me: I didn't have leftovers to bring for lunch so I figured I'd see if you were around

Friend 1: haha... do you usually eat leftovers for lunch?

10:06 AM me: usually
10:07 AM i used to make lunch
but i can't be bothered

Friend 1: haha

me: so it's leftovers ... or Mr noodles... or peanut butter

Friend: nice...those are three very delicious options

10:08 AM me: I'd sooner eat a jar of pickels with a fork over the sink than cook



Then there was...

1:05 PM me: I hear you guys have been discussing eating bugs

1:06 PM Friend: ya, i brought that up a couple weeks ago
its just a cultural taboo
1:07 PM i think years from now we will see lots more North Americans eating them

me:I hear that meal worms taste like hickory sticks

Friend: the thing about eating bugs is that it is environmentally sustainable way for a good source of protein.Something that is really threatening to NA's eating habits is that China is copying it
and if 1billion plus people more start eating like us, then we wont be able to afford meat anymore
1:11 PM and there will be less global food production because it takes a lot to raise livestock or chickens or pigs

me: it's quite true when you put it that way... should the Lord tarry

1:12 PM Friend: so... therefore, Jesus would eat bugs.....

me: haha



Oh yeah and...


3:00 PM me: I once talked with the prophet Ezekiel who apparently lives in Vancouver . His "calling" is to make up mix tapes of himself screaming "Jesus!" over and over and he passes them out in the neighborhood.
effective evangelism

3:01 PM Friend: dude, the Canadian fundies, although small in number, are some of the craziest I've ever met...

me: ha

Friend: One of them called every bookstore in Manitoba to try and get them to boycott mebecause of my sex book...

me: haha
3:02 PM Oh Canada.





OK one more


3:01 PM Friend: there is some girl walking around the library with a naked blow-up man

me: haha
3:02 PM why?

Friend: i have no idea
she was just holding it in her arm, and was looking for someone it looked like
3:03 PM the sad part is, things like that don't surprise me anymore

me: ha


I have nice friends.
Nice... weird... interesting friends.








3 comments:

Jeff said...

"me: I once talked with the prophet Ezekiel who apparently lives in Vancouver . His "calling" is to make up mix tapes of himself screaming "Jesus!" over and over and he passes them out in the neighborhood.
effective evangelism"

Let me guess...this was on Nite Lite? :D

Dave Carrol said...

you got it!

You should have heard it

Matt Vaandering said...

try to keep an open mind David. Maybe that actually WAS Ezekial...likely not

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...