Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

8 May 2008

Excruciating Minutia

I been thinking lately about the people I meet
The car wash on the corner and the hole in the street
The way my ankles hurt with shoes on my feet
And I'm wondering if I'm gonna see tomorrow.
John Prine

I stayed home from work this morning for a doctors appointment... that never happened... again. In fact, this is the 3rd time I've tried to have this appointment. Last week without thinking I showed up a week early. And today... I showed up with a health card that expired in 2005!

I am not detailed fella. I understand that. I'm good with it. It has it's pitfalls... but I truthfully CANNOT IMAGINE plucking my way through the excruciating minutia of life like some seem to.

I got back from my failed Dr Date in time to walk my kids to school with Krissy. We stood and listened to "The Moms" jibber jabber monotonously about haircuts and soiled pants and what their boyfriend said to their boss.

Then I walked home to find my neighbors on their porch... talking. In fact, they haven't

a) Left their porch
b) Stopped talking


since 1967. Talking about fish... Talking about the neighbors wild children... Talking about butter tarts... blah blah blah...

I am STUNNED what people LEGITIMATELY fritter their time away thinking about. It's like when you walk into a room of guys and someones says, "how's the van runnin?" Do you REALLY care about how my van is running? Why? I don't care about yours!

My pat answer is "Ummmm fine. Steering wheel seems to be rotating nicely"

But what I want to say is, "Fine... hey if you were going develop a strategic plan to influence a culture through the overtaking of a city... how would you converge the spiritual revival AND stimulate the economy at the same time and which would be most advantageous to come first?"

Cus that's what I'm thinking about. My wife rarely asks me what I'm thinking about these days... because it usually comes out sounding like that.

It's not that cars, fish and buttertarts don't have their place... but they are all "who cares" things to me. Excruciating Minutia. Jeepers. My brain just don't follow.

So on that note... here is my favorite song about Excruciating Minutia.


No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...