Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

4 September 2008

Pray without ceasing

But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.' "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.
Ezekiel 33:6-7

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Colossians 4:2


Many of you know that Freedom House (along with me personally) is involved with a movement called "24/7 Prayer". Tonight showed me another reason why "prayer without ceasing" is such a integral component of the Christian life... and why it's not just a fad because a wild Englishman saw a red moon on a rooftop one night.

We had friends over tonight, just chatting about the usual; Politics... Church... How the world's economy is funded by a depleting supply of oil and whoever interrupts society's dependence on it will rule the world... you know, the usual. A while into the discussion, my friend begins to tell me about a "God Dream" that he had last night that he just can't shake.

I won't go into the details... but it was seemingly not a positive thing. So because we know that, like Ezekiel, we're watchmen; we can all prophesy; and we're called to (via prayer) be the managers of this earth through intercession... we worked our way through the various components of the dream. It involved asking God specific questions, hearing the answers, using our brains together, searching Wikipedia for details of a historical figure... and then praying INTELLIGENTLY that God's Kingdom come and His will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

It was a fabulous example of how prayer without ceasing works. Constantly being open to hearing the voice of God and being ready to acknowledge our role in bringing God's answer to fruition. This dream turned out to be warning about an evil thing that wanted to come and rip apart the good things that God is doing in Brantford... THE CITY OF GOD. If you come out to prayer 8pm at Freedom House Friday night, I'll tell you more.

I believe the spiritual reality is more real than the world I see with my eyes. What I see is just a reflection of what I don't. I've seen, heard, experienced... and know in my heart... far too much to believe anything to the contrary. I don't really get why we seem to insist on making prayer complex and burdensome when it's actually an engaging, ongoing beautiful dialogue between me and the one who loves me.






The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
James 5:16

4 comments:

dwane said...

Great word bro, loved the Ezekial passage. And the video is hilarious and so right on, it's almost creepy.

Mike said...

I with you on your love for 24x7. GOD is moving and uniting many from different backgrounds in chorus of prayer.

The video was great. It really showed just how sad the menu based prayer really is.

Matt Vaandering said...

wow, incredibly hilarious video!

Dave Carrol said...

It's a good one isn't it?

I feel like such a nit wit for not piecing together what prayer really was earlier in life sometimes!

Ha

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...