Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

1 October 2008

And now for something completely different

As Freedom House launches a Random Acts of Kindness blitz starting this weekend... we found this Sunday's Simpson's episode truly fantastic as Ned led Homer in rousing chorus of AD/BC's hit Christian alternative song,"Kindly Deeds Done For Free". Prompting my email...



It's sometimes a little off color and always bizarre but I'm hooked on the "A Beautiful Revolution" cartoons. This just killed me the other day


I want more of this story.

I've found my new favorite desktop wallpaper at the Deadly Viper Blog.



And in the category of "Jesus needs new PR" we have a candidates debate in a Sudbury High School today where David Popescu an independent candidate decided to voice his "Biblical" views...

"A young man asked me what I think of homosexual marriages and I said I think homosexuals should be executed," he said. "My whole reason for running is the Bible and the Bible couldn't be more clear on that point."

Ummm... yeah... so... Love takes balls David. Might be time to invest in some.

2 comments:

Amazing Kris said...

I spent my entire youth trying to create a version of me that was acceptable, hitting the electric fence every other hour totally by accident. Then I took the straight line from 24 to 32, terrified to get another shock. I got them anyway, because I was holding hands with people who were deliberately testing the fences.

My life is a parallel to that short story. I have a quilt of my own that I have sewn together with the tatters and remnants of broken hearts.
When I strike out into the world, my main participation is to observe and record. I try not to make things about me until I am at the keyboard. As a writer, this is how I entertain. I am a dude with heaps of free time on his hands begging for distraction. You're not too different, I reckon.

What that guy wrote is nothing short of remarkable, in my mind. We can call it bittersweet rantings of a cynic, or awkwardness begetting truism. Some people would say he was a whiner without considering that perhaps that older woman was the one thing that before took away his urge to compain.
Most guys are overjoyed to see a cute college girl behind a counter. I have learned enough to see nothing but headache with them. People with options don't have want for improvement. Things go JUST FINE for them, so what interest do they have in showing you their worth?
Don't get me wrong. I love them, but it's my own brand of love.
They'll find out sooner than later that temporary good looks are a dime a dozen. Character is such a rare commodity, the richest man couldn't put a pricetag on it.

Love DOES take balls. I give ugly stares to anyone who can't use the word for any reason outside of confused lust or appreciation for inanimate objects. Maybe about their parents, but when does that come up?
"I just don't throw a profound word like that around" is a weak excuse. What asshole taught them to think that way?
Is love too strong a word? No word is strong enough for how I feel about this beautiful, crazy human race or any of the folks in it.
-Kris.

Dave Carrol said...

I'll say it again... Kris is the man. Amazing really

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...