Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

12 October 2008

I'm Thankful today

This may be the first Thanksgiving since Krissy and I have been together (so that's 13 years) that we've been able to spend with her family. Normally right now I'm camping in Owen Sound, waking up in on a crisp fall morning... starting a fire to cook a big camp breakfast. Bacon, eggs, homefries, toast. I do miss being there, but the plus side is that we get to spend one of my favorite holidays with the rest of my family. I'm Thankful for that.

We didn't go North this year because I was going back and forth to a conference (set in an amazing old monastery in Cambridge) that featured 24/7 Prayer. Thursday night about 30 of us from Ontario (and one from Montreal) who have been captured by the heartbeat this worldwide move of God, met together to worship, dream and meet Brian Heasley from Ibiza. If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out this inspiring video about his 24/7 Prayer Room and outreach base in the party hub of the European continent. Really cool guy living the life that Jesus commissioned us to live. You know... as a difference maker. An Earth shaker. Someone who loves God, loves others and acts accordingly.

Then yesterday, we drove back up to the monastery to chat more about what God wants to use 24/7 prayer to be in Canada. We had some great moments of prayer (that ending up looking like a drinking a pumpkin latte at Starbucks) with each other. There was good God dose of wisdom, revelation, kinship, vision...

So this Thanksgiving... I want to thank God for letting me meet such wonderful people over the years. I thank God that for friends who THINK BIG and change the world around them, but with the spirit of humility, through their love of God and their subsequent love of God's creation.

Chris Jones was teaching yesterday and made this keen observation. About Matthew 22...

37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38This is the first and great commandment.

39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.


He was saying that if you Greekersize the words "unto it"... it translates out to mean more like "until". Think about that! It sheds SO much light on the faith/works discussion.


Love the Lord with all you heart UNTIL you love your neighbour as yourself.

And I KNOW people who have the courage to live this. Wow. Who am I? I'm thankful today.


Happy Thanksgiving friends

Dave

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...