Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

25 October 2008

Obama's not your boyfriend... or your Savior

I am going to begin walking across the United States and handing out cards that say this...


I was having a chat yesterday with a buddy of mine who spent quite a number of years living in the states. He was (lets be polite and say) "lamenting" the fact that Canadians "think that the republicans are idiots because of how the media portrays them". Agreed. Americans seemingly do too.

I was already fired up after seeing this heart warming video (that has been viewed by 4.2 million people) called "I'm voting Republican"... telling us that Republicans don't want to find a cure for Aids or Breast Cancer. That the Republicans will make food unsafe. And that they think people don't deserve health care. Yes. Evil evil public servants.



Fascinating article here from Pat Buchanan called "What if SNL mocked Michelle Obama?"

The media cannot get enough of the "Saturday Night Live" impersonations of Palin as a bubblehead. News shows pick up the Tina Fey clips and run them and run them to the merriment of all.

Can one imagine "Saturday Night Live" doing weekly send-ups of Michelle Obama and her "I've never been proud" of my country, this "just downright mean" America, using a black comedienne to mimic and mock her voice and accent?

"Saturday Night Live" would be facing hate-crime charges.

How do we know? When the New Yorker ran a cartoon of Michelle in an Angela-Davis afro with an AK-47 slung over her shoulder, New Yorker editors had to go on national television to swear they were not mocking Michelle.


Also as a reaction to Joe Biden's gem of a statement...

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. ... Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said … we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."
Joe Biden


Buchanan says...

"Had John McCain made that hair-raising statement, he would have been accused of fear mongering about a new 9/11. The media would have run with the story rather than have smothered it."


But wait... that's OK right? Because Obama is your boyfriend right? He's dreamy. He'll solve world hunger. He'll make it all OK won't he? Opie says so! So does the freakin' Fonz!
See more Ron Howard videos at Funny or Die


Dang those celebrities are convincing. I should believe Andy Griffith. He kept that Barney Fife under control for lo those many years.

Obama isn't a terrorist either (and it's equally as stupid to say such things) ... but just because John McCain creeps us out on TV closeups... doesn't make him Satan! Republicans aren't killing kittens. They aren't abusive Uncles! Sweet mother open your eyes! Obama's a nice dude. But he's not your boyfriend.

American will be in for quite a shock when mid November rolls around and he says...

"oh yeah.. um...i guess we don't have the money to do everything i said and it MIGHT take longer to change the culture of the white house than a day... ummm... i guess i can't do that. Oh yeah... and we're gonna invade Pakistan too. Sorry about the peace thing you wrote those nice songs about.... thanks for the votes".


I don't dislike the guy... REALLY. But this has turned into a downright SCARY beast of an election to me. And it's THIS poster that is the most unsettling me to.



Actually... Obama being your Savior is WAY worse than making him your pretend boyfriend. See... you can't put your hope in one guy. Oh wait. Yes you can. You'd better just make sure it's the right guy.


In his name the nations will put their hope
Matthew 12:21


4 comments:

candidchatter said...

I wish people would listen to you. I wish they'd listen to me. I wish Christians weren't getting sucked into Obama's fame and who (Oprah) endorses him. It's disheartening. But I haven't lost hope. I am praying for my country and for God's will to be done. If that means Obama is president -- there must be a reason -- for it's He who chooses our leaders. But oh how I want McCain. In a big, big, major way.

Great post, Dave!!

Heidi Reed

Dave Carrol said...

I just don't understand why the hysteria. Ya know? It's a reaction to the vilification of Bush... which actually breaks my heart. I haven't seen it yet, but in the new Oliver Stone's "W"... it apparently really portrays George as a legitimately Christian man trying to do what God's asking him to do while surrounded by a group of jerks.

People have no idea how hard it is to lead and how many factors there are. I have some friends who have told me some stories of "on the ground" before the New Orleans flood that George took such a slaying for... that how it was handled actually shifted the blame to Him instead of letting people know what really happend that would have resulted in a race riot.

And these are hard choices that if Obama wins... he'll have to make too. And what if Wycliff Jean or Opie don't like it all of a sudden? Where does their "HOPE" go? ya know.

And I know that there are other issues that Christians are starting to vote with (and it's likely that some of the right has forgotten some)... but then I remembered the millions of abortions... and how God looks at oppresses of the weak...and I snapped out of it. ya know?

Wow... it's rant day for dave

Jamie said...

"it is he he chooses our saviours"?

Hmmm, he really messed up on President Bush, eh?

Obama will change the world, you'll see. It's not a religious thing, it's not a "I am swept up in the moment" thing, and it's not a "Wow, he's so popular and dreamy" thing either.

It's CHANGE. It's NEW ideas, the guy just overall feels very REAL -- and we've been conditioned to dislike politicians, then when somebody comes along that is likeable, everyone on the right seems to freak out.

Mark my words, when Obama wins -- get ready for change, and as a Canadian, I am excited because that change will trickle down the world stage.

OBAMA 09!

candidchatter said...

Jamie: Don't kid yourself. Any "decision" a president tries to make has to go through MANY channels before it can become a real decision. If Obama wins he will have himself a democratic government so it might seem like he's changing things. However, we can also change that when we vote for all those politicians again -- make him come up against a bunch of republicans like GWB had to do.

Obama isn't fit to be president. He's not experienced enough. That right there is what scares me the most. I guess that's why he chose Biden as his running mate -- who is about as "left" as you can get. It's an extremely liberal team there. More liberal than the Clinton's could have ever hoped to have been. That right there is darn wicked scary.

Here's hoping the republicans win again.

Heidi Reed

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...