Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

4 November 2008

Your Vote is NOT yours


Nope. Your vote is not yours (if you're a Christian). Your vote isn't yours... because your life is not yours. It's a life that's been sacrificed for the good of others. Because YOUR life and free will was purchased through sacrifice. That's the deal. That's the trade-off.

I've been through every argument three ways from Sunday about who should be president... and I STILL come back to this...



I just can't make the argument that you should choose someone who disregards creation in such a fashion just because there are other good attributes that that person upholds. THIS is the change? Really?

In Mark 8, a woman pours an alabaster jar of perfume that would have been a years wages over Jesus head. People scolded her and said... "Dang lady! You could have fed the poor! The pooooooooor!"

Jesus said to those people: "Leave her alone. Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me."

I get that there are more issues that Christians should care about. I get that Obama is a great communicator. I get that. I went there. And I went back. God does not honor abuse (and homicide) of the weakest of the weak in a society. And this leader will have the power to sway the Supreme Court of the United States. Real Change. I watched this abortion comparison and felt my spirit cry out for JUSTICE and MERCY. That's what I'm praying for today. God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven... and justice and mercy on our land. And whoever wins, I'm committed to pray for.

But to hear A LEADER???? say that they wouldn't want to have their child be punished with having to have a baby since it was just a mistake, so killing it sounds like a good option... made my skin crawl.

As a Christian... you life is not yours. It's about others. Sacrificing YOU for the good of OTHERS. We're called to love God and love our neighbors as ourselves and NOT care about us. So good morning my American friend... today... your vote is not yours. Please vote for others.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Good Read Dave. I have been readin your blogs for the past few weeks.

Must say.. They are well written and worth the read

candidchatter said...

great job, dave.
good to have the northerners above the lake cheering for our side too.
i voted about an hour ago.
it was crowded and i was so glad to see such a turn out.

here's hoping!

heidi reed

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...