Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

12 December 2008

Cleaning out the "that's interesting" notebook

When I come across something interesting on the internet that I think will make an interest blog one day, I put it in my Google Notebook. It's nearly the new year so let's clean it out with "that's interesting" fest!

- Media is changing so rapidly. Did you realize that the AVERAGE age of a television viewer hit 50 back in June? That's outside of the profitable 18-49 age group. Mark my words... things are gonna change because of it. Radio too. Can you hear grim gurgle of death? In words of Weird Al Yankovic making a tower out of a pile of mashed potatoes, "this means something"

- This is an amazing collection of photographs called "Days with my Father" that tells a truly moving story of a son dealing with the rapid decline of a father's health.

- Charlie Peacock talks about the death of the Christian music "industry".

- The reality of the Olympics


- A very cool old tobacco ad featuring Charles Spurgeon's quote about cigar smoking... I think I SHOULD blog about this one!

"Well, dear friends, you know that some men can do to the glory of God what to other men would be sin. And notwithstanding what brother Pentecost has said, I intend to smoke a good cigar to the glory of God before I go to bed to-night. I mean to smoke to the glory of God."
Charles Spurgeon




1 comment:

Mike said...

Spurgeon like a smoke and a drink. I will agree with him on the drink.

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...