Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

24 December 2008

That's MY King

One of the reasons I don't get too freaked out about the gifts, shopping, and Santa type things of the season... is because the story of Christmas itself is so beautiful, poetic and powerful that the rest of the crap is just faint background noise. This is what Bono wrote about the moment the true meaning of Christmas hit him:

“The idea that God, if there is a force of Logic and Love in the universe, that it would seek to explain itself is amazing enough. That it would seek to explain itself and describe itself by becoming a child born in straw poverty, in shit and straw…a child… I just thought: “Wow!” Just the poetry … Unknowable love, unknowable power, describes itself as the most vulnerable. There it was. I was sitting there, and it’s not that it hadn’t struck me before, but tears came streaming down my face, and I saw the genius of this, utter genius of picking a particular point in time and deciding to turn on this.”


On Sunday at Freedom House we watched, for the umpteenth time, S.M. Lockridge's "That's my King". I can't watch it enough. I don't cry often, but there are 2 things that I can guarantee Dave-tears from. Field of Dreams and "That's my King". Each time I watch it, something new stands out and overwhelms me. On Sunday I heard the words "He Beautifies the Meager" and the tears started flowing about the way in which my King has choosen to communicate with ALL of us. But then the list keeps going... and going and going... each attribute more radiant than the last... and all about this King of mine who was (as Bono says) was born into shit. Both metaphoric and literal.

But my King... He... you see He gave us a way out of the shit. He took the lead. Took the blows. Won the Freedom Fight... then looked at us and said, "follow Me and bring your family with you!" That's my King.



Merry Christmas.
That's my King.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Merry Christmas

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...