Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

26 January 2009

The Era of Everyone

When I've been being in the "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches" zone lately, what I've been hearing is that... "This is the Era of Everyone". While this is not breaking new theological ground, as every era post-resurrection falls under a pretty wide banner of grace, I do think there will be new things that will mark OUR era (DEFINITION... "a period of time marked by distinctive character").

I think it means a few things. The first is that River of God is flowing under our cities when we call out for it. All we have to do is dig and it's there. It's not hard to access it... and it's available for all to drink from, and frolic in. And it has little to do with our "sacred spaces" of the past (or even present). I feel like this is the era where Christians who know God... need to access the River whenever, wherever... and be confident in God's ability to fulfill what He says. It's a "Just do it" kinda thing.

The purpose of the ready-river is not JUST for our own enjoyment. It's so that EVERYONE can come to the party (as Brian talked about yesterday at Freedom House, that "The Kingdom of God is a Party"). I feel like all creation is groaning to release (and fund) the workers in Kingdom (all Christians), into MANY MANY MANY different arenas... to influence EVERYWHERE in Jesus name... so that EVERYONE at least be given the legit opportunity to accept or reject Christ.

So many in our land have never honestly been given the opportunity to know the Jesus that showed us His Amazing Love... and captured our hearts. Part of it may have just been the era. Maybe. Lots of it is because we've failed to realize (or more rightly, actualize) the authority or plans that God has sitting in the ready for our society. But this is the "Era of Everyone". It's time to get what Jesus was saying in Luke 5: 36-38

36He told them this parable: "No one tears a patch from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he will have torn the new garment, and the patch from the new will not match the old. 37And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. 38No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins.


It's the era to become like the Apostle Paul who gave the most amazing speech in 1 Corinthians 9: 19-23 about the mindset necessary to be a city changer...

I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.


It's the "Era of Everyone". An Era where everyone who is willing to work without whining, make themselves a slave, put others freedom ahead of personal preference... will be used by God! An era where the River of God will be where you need it to be... and what used to be called impossible; can be. This is the revolution worth fighting for. It's Jesus. It's the groaning of creation. I'm going... wanna come with?

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...