Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

22 January 2009

In the Valley

Remember how cool Midnight Oil was?



Woke up with this song called "In the Valley" in my head. I love rousing songs about the beauty found in the everyday... and the love a country and it's people.

"I hope virtue brings its own reward
And I hope the pen is mightier than any sword
I hope the kids will take it slow
I hope my country claims its own"

Apparently Peter Garrett (the funky lead singer of Midnight Oil) is now Australia's Federal Minister for Environment, Heritage and the Arts. I love it when people are passionate about something and fight for change. Makes music more than just music.

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...