Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

15 January 2009

Maybe I'm amazed


I have shared every moment of my adult life with my wife, and I'm amazed at how much I love and need her. I wrote this last week about the day I gave my heart to Jesus with Krissy beside me.

"Miss Woolly Sweaters was sitting to my right crying unrestricted tears along with me. Without having to say a word, we knew that we were "together" forever. We went home from the church that night with red puffy eyes and each others snot on our shoulders. 3 years later we stood at the altar. 13 years later we have 3 kids. "


We're scrappers. More times than I can count, we've laid our crap on the line to each other and been unafraid to call each other out on theirs. Because one of the things we've always been is real and raw with each other. One of the first long chats we ever had, we decided to just tell each other every bad thing we've ever done, flat out, and decide if we still liked each other after! Funny thing is that after hearing it, "like" turned into "love" because it made us both want to fight for each other's freedom.

Love's not a feeling. It's a choice. And when that choice and commitment has been made, we're free to go deep deep deep into the depths of love. I won't let her fall behind and she won't let me... because we're one flesh. And neither of us will stand to be dragged down by the other. Wow to do I ever need my wife. It's amazing.

I often joke that God must not have trusted me to be by myself... and that's why I haven't spent a single day as a Christian without my "other half". And I'm OK with that. I KNOW her and she KNOWS me and life is so good. Knowing she loves me and is on my side gets me though many days man. I love her.

Maybe I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time.
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you.
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you pulled me out in time, and hung me on a line.
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you.

Maybe I'm a man, maybe I'm a lonely man who's in the middle of something that he doesn't really understand.
Maybe I'm a man, maybe you're the only woman who could ever help me.
Baby, won't you help me understand?

Maybe I'm amazed at the way you're with me all the time.
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I leave you.
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you help me sing my song, right me when I'm wrong.
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you.
Paul McCartney


1 comment:

Isabella said...

That is beautiful!
I love to hear about married people in love.

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...