Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

16 January 2009

So I wrote, "I'm sluggish... like a wet sponge" on Facebook

The next hour of life consisted of my brother, sister and friend responding with:

  • "Shirley you can't be serious"
  • "I am serious... and don't call me Shirley"
  • "It's a big building with patients. But that's not important right now."
  • "Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?"
  • "I just wanted to say good luck. We're all counting on you"
  • "No... the white phone"
  • "You can tell me... I'm a doctor"
  • "Leg em down and smack em yack em!"
  • "All together... It's an entirely different kind of flying"
  • "Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side"
  • "Don't worry stewardess.. I speak jive"
  • "I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot."
  • "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."
  • "my friends call me bubbles"

My Conclusions...

  1. My people are some of the greatest people there are.
  2. Airplane released my generation of nitwits to a whole new level of nitwitery... and we still appreciate it for that today.
  3. I have enjoyed this hour more than most hours in a day.
  4. "Don't worry stewardess... I speak jive" are far and away the best words Barbra Billingsly ever said.
What's your favorite Airplane quote?

3 comments:

chrisfriel.ca said...

I still say "...and don't call me Shirley." My kids don't get it, but I think it's hilarious.

Dave Carrol said...

for a lot of years, my friend and I would end our conversations, "Leggem down and smackem' yackem"

Jeff said...

So I just finished watching Airplane for the first time, since I've heard it was such a great comedy and all, but I've never seen it. And I just have to say that it's absolutely hilarious! I can't believe that it took me this long to watch it...

And Dave, I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you.

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...