Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

10 February 2009

I'm the 476,156,782nd richest person on earth


According to Globalrichlist.com... I'm the 476,156,782nd richest person on earth.

If I made just a few thousand a year more... I'd double my ranking. It's a thought provoking website run by CARE, an international humanitarian organization. These number are not a cliche. They are a call to responsibility.

$8 could buy you 15 organic apples OR 25 fruit trees for farmers in Honduras to grow and sell fruit at their local market.

$30 could buy you an ER DVD Boxset OR a First Aid kit for a village in Haiti.

$73 could buy you a new mobile phone OR a new mobile health clinic to care for AIDS orphans in Uganda.

$2400 could buy you a second generation High Definition TV OR schooling for an entire generation of school children in an Angolan village.

DID YOU KNOW..?

The world's 225 richest people now have a combined wealth of $1 trillion. That's equal to the combined annual income of the world's 2.5 billion poorest people


There is NOTHING wrong with wealth. I'd like to have more of it so I can have the opportunity to give even more of it away in strategic ways that will change the world. Money is not the root of all evil. The love of it is. To whom much is given, much is required.

4 comments:

Beth Murphy said...

Great post, Dave. I recently discovered Kiva.org, a very practical way to help others through micro loans.
http://kiva.org/

Cody said...

thanks for the perspective!

Valorosa said...

:-)

If only we could get North American households out of debt.

Jason said...

wow u are very poor =(

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...