Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

18 March 2009

Here's something that I think, based on little, that many people won't like

I had a very vivid dream last night (which doesn't happen too often to me). Not every dream means something and I'm not saying this does either. I'm just sayin...

I dreamt that I was at what turned out to be a wedding with two of my ministry friends... sitting beside George W Bush. All of a sudden we were asked to stand and we all began to worship. George threw his arms wide open and worshiped with abandon. He had a large genuine smile on his face. It was... a "I don't have to hold it in to impress people anymore" kinda worship. The pastor then called him up to the altar to pray and prophesy over the couple who were kneeling in the presence of God. George went to town... asked them to stand up and pronounced them man and wife.

I had the sense that this was closed gathering of prophetic people that he was very much a part of... and not just because used to be president.

I think that George Bush is a good man. I think in a few years he will have a gig (that isn't the President of the United States)... and he'll succeed at it. I also have a feeling that George will have a role to play in the building of the Kingdom of God in some way. I don't "agree" with everything he did as President for the record... but he stood up for Godly matters in many unpopular situations, and I never heard a single story doubting the legitimacy and honesty of Bush's relationship with Jesus.

Last night GWB made his first speech after leaving office to a group of businessmen and influencers in Calgary. From the Toronto Star:

...even those who disagreed with Bush said the man knew how to give a good speech.

"It was entertaining. He was a very affable guy, very friendly," said Peter Yates, a Calgary lawyer.

George Fink, CEO of Bonterra Oil and Gas, said not everyone in the crowd was a lover of Bush and his administration.

"He said there were maybe some things he could have done differently," said Fink.

"But overall, he made some sense with his reasons for doing it."

Thankfully there were a group of angry dorks who decided to waste an evening of their lives... by showing up to throw shoes at the person who held the toughest job on earth for 8 years. Bravo dorks. Well played. Now head on back to your parent's basement and continue playing XBox.

Like I said... what I'm saying is based on little more than a God-Hunch. But I feel like the full George Bush story has yet to be told. I think he's now like the rest of us God-followers. He's someone with a destiny and a future... who God wants to use to make Himself famous. I'm going to be a friend to his George W Bush's destiny in prayer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree, except the shoe chuckers arent x-box players... nope they are larpers and all video games they would play would be on their PC.

Cori-Beth said...

"Thankfully there were a group of angry dorks who decided to waste an evening of their lives... by showing up to throw shoes at the person who held the toughest job on earth for 8 years. Bravo dorks. Well played. Now head on back to your parent's basement and continue playing XBox."

Love this comment! You captured the "protests" perfectly!

Corinne

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...