Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

17 March 2009

Me and my better half: One of those Facebook things

1 .How long have you been together?

We've been together 13 years and 4 months.

2. How long did you know each other before you started dating?

I went to high school with Krissy for 4 years but didn't know who she was at all. Couldn't have picked her out in a crowd. We chatted for about a month before I gave my life to Jesus and we started dating. We would have before that, but we had to make sure we believed the same thing about life first.

3. Who asked who out?

I THINK that it was me who asked her to come over and watch Field of Dreams. It was my test movie. I couldn't be with a girl who didn't get Field of Dreams.

4. Who said I love you first?

I couldn't tell ya. It was likely on the phone late at night though.

5. How old are each of you?

I'm 32 and Krissy is 31

6. Whose siblings do you see the most?

My sister Jen hangs out at our house a lot. We like her. Only bad thing is that that means Celebrities Dancing will be on TV. We'd hang out with all of them lots more we lived closer. We amazing brothers and sisters and (and their spouses) who are our real friends.

7. Do you have any children together?

Do we ever. 3. They are all awesome in their own way.

And we shall have no more of them.

:)

8. What about pets ?

We have enough things that poo in the house already.
See question 7.

9. Did you go to the same schools?

We went to rival elementary schools. OK yes Cedarland DID beat Brier Park at basketball quite a bit. Enough enough. Same high school. We tried to rig it so we went to the same college but no deal. I went to Niagara College and she went to Sheridan.

10. Are you from the same hometown?

More or less. Krissy was born in Montreal... the Burlington... then Brantford.

11. Who is the smartest?

Oh clearly me. Well... If you don't count the times (all the time) where Krissy tells me how things really work in the world of actual humans... and is right. But I'll take her down in a blaze of glory at Trivial Pursuit. That's how you judge smart right?

12. Who is the most sensitive?

There was a time that it would have been a Krissy no-brainer. But I think over time... we're both becoming less sensitive. It's very good. You can actually get things done that way.

13. Where do you eat out most as a couple?

Oh we've been Wendy's addicts for... how long have we been together again? We didn't eat much at our wedding so that we could stop at Wendy's on the drive up to our honeymoon.

14. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?

Accra Ghana. The next furthest is Burford Ontario. OK that last part wasn't true. But Burford is the most glamorous.

15. Who has the craziest ex?

Neither... most of our ex's (and there aren't many) are great people and a number of them we count as friends.

16. Who has the worst temper?

Me. No doubt.

17. Who does the cooking?

Lets just say that if there aren't any leftovers for lunch... I'll just eat Peanut Butter. Same goes for breakfast. Dinner actually too if Krissy is gone. Sometimes at night I'll have a Peanut Butter burrito. Krissy does the cooking. It's better that way.

18. Who is the most social?

Krissy is more naturally social than me. In fact she taught me how to interact normally with humans. I'm just louder. Well until "Late Night Krissy" comes out to play. Then all bets are off.

19. Who is the neat-freak?

Neither of us are neat freaks thank you Jesus. But Krissy's "Shoot... we GOTTA clean this place" meter goes off before mine does.

20. Who is the most stubborn?

I think we're both pretty stubborn asses sometimes. We're not afraid to mix it up with each other either. But we've learned to listen to the other in our stubbornness over the years

21. Who wakes up earlier?

Brianna. When you have young kids it's never you who wakes us first. If left to ourselves, I'm not sure who'd wake up first. It's been so long. A young blissful couple must have written this list.

22. Where was your first date?

Watching Field of Dream on my couch. We made out from the time the credits rolled after the "people will come" scene... until James Horner's amazing score finished 5 minutes later.

Memories

23. Who has the bigger family?

Krissy has a much bigger extended family... but both of our immediate families are average to smallish.

24. Do you get flowers often?

I give them from time to time. I get them... umm... never. It's not flowers I want. Although I'm partial to tuberous begonias.

25. Who do you spend the holidays with?

We split them up between our families. We like them all!

26. What are your favourite things to do together?

Make fun of things on TV.
Worship, pray, prophesy, mentor, city-take.
Laugh at the kids.

27. Who is more jealous?

No need. We're tight.

28. Who sings better?

I'm a shouting, sing-speaking, Springsteen-wannabe hack. Krissy wins this one.

29. Who does the laundry?

I'm not supposed to touch the washing machine (or other electrical appliances).

30. Who’s better with the computer?

Oh that would be me. I once gave Krissy a lesson on something called "Googling"

31. Who drives when you are together?

I do. Because you see... I'm a man.

32. Who picks where you go to dinner?

This conversation usually goes like:

Dave: "I don't care where we go... you pick"
Krissy: "I don't care where we go... you pick"
Dave: "Seriously... It's up to you"
Krissy: "David just pick somewhere!"
Dave: "But I don't care... I want you to choose"
Krissy: "Sheesh... fine... East Side Mario's"
Dave: "That's too expensive... let do Wendys"
Krissy:" Grrrrrrrrrr...."


33. Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?

Me... but it's usually not sincere... aaaaaaaaaand she knows it.

34. Who wears the pants in the relationship?

Over time, we've kinda fallen into "the pants" in our own areas. Personally I don't like physical pants. Metaphorical pants are good. But I have no use for ACTUAL pants. These gams need fresh air.

35. Who eats more sweets?

Krissy is a chocolate woman. Kinda like that chocolate dude from the Axe commercial. In fact this commercial is a very accurate depiction of our everyday life.



36. Who cries more?

Um yes... that would be Krissy.
I do get misty over Braveheart though. Freedooooooooooom!!!!!!!!

37. Are you still together?

Till death do us part. And it better be me that goes first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute, very cute

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...