Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

25 April 2009

Even prayer to "An Unknown God" works

I was hanging out with a friend last night who told me one of the most wonderful stories of how he and his wife became Christians. The details are their own story to tell. But basically he prayed what "The Vision" refers where it says...

"My feeble, whispered, faithless prayer invokes a thunderous, resounding, bone-shaking great Amen from countless angels from hero's of the faith, from Christ Himself"


... and God responded. Like a "God I don't know what the deal with you is... but if you're there... I need you to do something RIGHT NOW." And He did it. No human meddling. Just God. The story made me think of the story of one of Paul's Missionary Journeys where he said this...


Acts 17: 23
For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.


My friend told me that after... great people played Paul's role of "proclaiming" the unknown God and pastoring them to a place of depth and understanding. It reminded me...

  1. Prayer works... all kinds.
  2. There are people hurting all around who need to be encouraged to pray
  3. We need to expect to steward the results of answered prayer in people's lives
I love the stories of God's power to transform lives, marriages, families, souls, attitudes, addictions, mindsets... He's got it all. Good Fella.

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...