Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

16 April 2009

Let us hurl stones at Mel in Jesus name shall we?


How is it that we so often miss the real beauty of Jesus?

Mel Gibson CLAIMS that he's a CHRISTIAN!
Mel Gibson has the GAUL to be husband to a wife for nearly 30 years!
Mel Gibson makes the most powerful film about Christ EVER and actually believes it!

BUT

Mel Gibson DRINKS often to excess
Mel Gibson may have cheated on his wife
Mel Gibson spouted off racist nonsense.

COMMENCE hurling "HYPOCRISY!"
If he really believed it... he'd be a better person. He's a liar and a Charlatan!!
And it was done in the name of GOD! The nerve.
Stone HIM!!!!
By what right does Mel Gibson get off sharing and proclaiming Jesus as a blatant sinner?

Note: Words in Red are sarcasm


Because of... and IN... Jesus name.
Mel's not much different than me or you... he just gets more pub.
We're all shams in our own ways...
but in saying that... it means we're ALL just people in need of Jesus to get by.
I hope Mel has the courage keep on loving and sharing Jesus despite it all... hope I can too!

It was Because this is the condition we live in, Jesus died and rose again... so we can stand to fight another day! In Luke 18, Jesus said to the rich young ruler, ""No one is good—except God alone". And the amazing thing is that we get to participate in this miracle... while still living in our previously-fatally- flawed vehicles. It's almost obscene how powerful this seeming incongruity is.

Honestly... Peter cut a man's ear off RIGHT IN FRONT OF JESUS! Imagine the tabloids! Stone Him! How DARE he call himself a Christian!

Again... I'm very moved by what Paul writes AS he's in ministry of all things! Not BEFORE, but DURING as a realization of how to make sense of our human state of being; trying somewhat successfully to communicate divine grace.

"I'm Public Sinner Number One. Someone who could never have made it apart from sheer mercy. And now he shows me off! Evidence of his endless patience. I know that all God's commands are spiritual, but I'm not. I'm full of myself. What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise.

I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time. It happens so regularly that it's predictable. I truly delight in God's commands, but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge."

2 Corinthians 11: 30
If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

I've had it with veiled lies of perfection and self-righteousness that we walk around snootily looking down on others shortcomings through. Mel's just unlucky enough (or maybe lucky enough) to have his humanity tattled on publicly. Maybe it's good. At least there is no facade to hide behind. Last night I was scolded by a well-meaning brother about how it's wrong for Christians to even laugh. God bless'im but my own righteousness is like filthy rags. And my Jesus laughed.

Yes ... let me change
Yes... let me grow
Yes... mature

But without a humble ground-floor... we just don't get anything.
The cross is so much more beautiful and inclusive than we give it credit for.



No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...