Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

1 May 2009

The Iowa Baseball Confederacy

This afternoon I was reading what's posted on the Google Book page of WP Kinsella's fabulous novel "Iowa Baseball Confederacy". It's both a very tangible, and very fantastical story Gideon Clarke who slips through a crack in time to experience a 2000 inning baseball game in 1908, between the Tinker to Evers to Chance Cubs and a group of locals forgotten by time.

The feeling, tone and imagery of the writing have stuck with me for 15 years... since the first time I read it. Here's a taste.








No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...