Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

28 September 2009

Innovation

From Mark Beeson's (Granger Community Church) session at the "Innovate Conference" last week (via Tim Steven's LeadingSmart.com) about innovation.

There are five stages of innovation:

  1. People deny innovation is required.
  2. People deny innovation is effective.
  3. People deny innovation is important.
  4. People who deny innovation will justify the effort required to adopt it.
  5. People accept and adopt the innovation, enjoy its benefits, attribute it to people other than the innovator, and deny the existence of stages 1-4.

This makes me laugh and ticks me off... but it also reminds me that leaders lead.
It's what leaders do.

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...