Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

5 October 2009

Selah: "Stop and think about it"

I wrote this this morning...

"There is great comfort in the depth of history of who HAS sung, the mass of the moment that IS singing, and the pomp of eternity that WILL sing the same song of the same King"
DC


I've thought a lot about my connection to the fuller story of Christianity over the last little while. About how not only did Christ experience what man feels... but subsequently, millions of "us" have had to wrestle God through the very similar situations over the last couple thousand AD years. We're really not has as unique as we think we are. The Acts church was only utopia for a very brief period and after that Christendom has wrestled with each other and God trying to figure out how to live out verses like Philippians 4:8:

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

The issue is that true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable... all means so many things to different people! What an interesting thing to stop and think about. We're supposed to stop and think it. Often when you're reading the Bible, you'll see the word "Selah" at the end of a chapter. I'm sure you could write a paper about the nuances of this word... but the Readers Digest version of it means "Stop and think about it".

On Wednesday night at 7pm at freedomhousetv.com, Brian and I are going to launch into our very first live, interactive online chat asking the question... "What do you think about when you think about God?" In the promo video for Freedom House TV, I made the statement that "
The most important thing about you is what you think about when you think about God"... because it effects everything else about you. It's how you judge what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable... AND topics like sex, culture, religion, politics, cities (which we're going to be dealing with on FHTV too)

I also know that I only see a smart part of the God picture. I'm just one guy with a Big goofy ear. It's likely that you see a part that I don't yet. I'm looking forward to having you be a part of the dialogue Wednesday Night from 7-8.


No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...