Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

30 November 2009

Happy Birthday Captain Kindness

Saturday night I donned Big Red (aka Captain Kindness)and we continued out kindness blitz "A Poly Lolly Christmas" in Brantford's Santa Clause Parade



We gave out 2 lolly pops. One to keep and one to give away... because kindness is contagious and can change a city. It also marked the first birthday of Captain Kindness as we invented him for last year's parade.

I laughed yesterday thinking about the fact that in one year, we've established an actual local, widely recognized superhero that has opened GIANT doors with our city. I also wondered how I became this character? Ha! I wondered, if this continues (which it will), if Big Red will become part of my legacy one day. When I'm remembered one day... will THIS be the reason? Maybe. There certainly are worse thing to be remembered for.

My dreams, life, time, thoughts are focused on the community transformation part. And as I've had the amazing chance to be able to work as a team with other gifted people with the same dream... you get to realize that your own individual part, is only fraction of the picture. We cannot indulge ourselves in self-importance. Our role is simply our role. The whole is what's important.

"we who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals." (quarry worker's creed in renaissance times)

The dream is not doing something that makes ME feel good. The goal is "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven". Our lives are a designed to be a sacrifice. It's how others are freed.

1 comment:

Rob Hall said...

Hey Dave,
you are my hero. scarry to think that could be me!!

much love and encouragment.

Rob

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...