Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

26 December 2009

Don Miller on relationships, imperfection and God

"I realized that for years I'd thought of love as something that would complete me, make all my troubles go away. I worshiped at the altar of romantic completion. It's too much pressure to put on a person. I think that's why so many couples fight, because they want their partners to validate them and affirm them, and if they don't get that, they feel as if they are going to die. And so they lash out. But it's a terrible thing to wake up and realize that the person you just finished crucifying didn't turn out to be Jesus."

"When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are. When you stop expecting material possessions to complete you, you'd be surprised how much pleasure you get in material possessions. When you stop expecting God to end all your troubles, you'd be surprised how much you like spending time with God."

Don Miller from "A Million miles in a thousand years"

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...