Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

23 July 2010

A mishmash of Friday-flavored awesome-sauce

1. Bill Simmons from ESPN (who is from Boston but lives in LA) when asked "what will you do when your kids become Lakers' fans?"
When my kids were babies, I thought about holding Yankees hats and Lakers hats over their heads in their crib, then pinching them until they started crying. It couldn't be easier to brainwash young kids into liking what you like. My kids watch "Scooby-Doo" all the time. It's their favorite show by far. Why? Because I told them "Scooby-Doo" was funny and fake-laughed my butt off the first three times I watched an episode with them. Really, I just thought it was the most tolerable kid's show -- I couldn't stand any more passive-aggressive conflicts with androgynous animals as annoying music played -- and was selfishly thinking of my own needs. But if I could brainwash them that easily to watch a handpicked cartoon, the Boston teams should be a piece of cake.


Already figured this out. My son thinks Kevin Costner is the greatest male actor of the century.

2. Star Wars according to a 3 year old



3. This is hilarious and helpful for we charasmaniacs. If you are performing an exorcism... try to keep it down.





4. People are often quite wonderful

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...