Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

16 September 2010

New Blog Series: For the next 25 days... it's 25 Thought Provoking Life Questions. Day 1: How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?


I'm going to do something I've never done before... a Blog Series. About a month ago a friend of mine emailed me a link with 25 very thought-provoking life questions on it. For the next 25 days, I'm going to be posing these questions.

My deal is this. I'm going to answer them more openly and exposed than I normally do, and I'd like you to too. Whether it's on the blog, on Facebook or on Twitter (@davecarrol) ... just think and answer. It doesn't have to be long. Just honest.

"The unexamined life is not worth living"
Socrates




Dave: I would be 40 anxious to be 50. I've always wanted to be older than I am. I've never been satisfied with my own age because I've seen that the older you get (to a point at least) the more influence, respect and voice you get if you've earned it by your life. I have no interest in being young again. Youth felt like a waste of my time when I WAS young! I'm turning 34 in a few weeks and my birthday always catches me by surprise that I'm not older yet.

“It is currently said that hope goes with youth, and lends to youth the wings of a butterfly; but I fancy that hope is the last gift given to man, and the only gift not given to youth. Youth is pre-eminently the period in which a man can be lyric, fanatical, poetic; but youth is the period in which a man can be hopeless. The end of every episode is the end of the world. But the power of hoping through everything, the knowledge that the soul survives its adventures, that great inspiration comes to the middle-aged: God has kept that good wine until now.”

—G. K. Chesterton



Your turn.
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

Blog it, Facebook it, Tweet it

4 comments:

rickcarrol said...

I think I'd be 25.
I still dream of what I might become and what I might do with my life in the future. I'm in school and surrounded by teenagers.
I have high spurts of energy as a young adult... but it' more and more frequently being balanced out with times when I sit and sip tea with friends discussing what life was life before we were 30.

25 is a good age... yes let's go with 25.

Dave Carrol said...

Nice... good reasoning. I was reading something the other day about the athlete's mindset generally trending to be younger than their age because they are surrounded by young people who are forced to be their peers as 30 somethings

rickcarrol said...

ha
thanks for considering me to be an athlete

Jon Stevens said...

Its not how old you are but how old you feel. And I still feel pretty young (im not that young). The older I get, the younger I feel. Faith in god, great family, lots of running, whatever the combo is its working.

I look forward to the rest of the questions.

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...