Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

2 December 2010

What's going on in the minds of University students who follow Jesus?


This Campus America video brilliantly tells the story of what's going on inside the minds of University students who follow Jesus.



This semester, we started a Young Adult and University group at Freedom House called, "The Marked Generation". Marked means "Clearly defined and evident; noticeable". And this generation IS developing into just that.

Their struggle towards adulthood is real. They face unique challenges and questions but their motives are refreshingly genuine. As a 34 year old, spending time with 20 year olds... it doesn't take much insight to see the vast difference between my Generation X and the Nexters/Millennials/Z'ers. They are a fascinating and hopeful generation that have gestated in an entirely different cultural cocoon than previous generations.

At the same time... they are just people. People throughout time have shared more in common than they've differed on. I have to admit that I've felt older around younger people than I did 5 years ago. Maybe it was the day I admitted I liked country music that did me in. But this week I invited 20 20-somethings over to my house for a cheesy-sweater Christmas party. Some of them I've known for many years, but many were University students in Brantford from other Ontario cities who I've just recently met. We laughed together, drank nog together, and shared the common bond of a genuine desire to love and serve Jesus together.

There was something reassuring to me about it. And by the social media comments (and a few really genuine words of thanks) I believe it was the same for them. Even though generations have differences and everyone has their own struggles and battles to fight... we're not alone. Not by a long shot.

Job 36:16 is one of my favorite verses:

“He is wooing you from the jaws of distress
to a spacious place free from restriction,
to the comfort of your table laden with choice food."


The woo of the Spirit of God that Christians all experience, is meant to be a bonding agent. It happens in abundance if we're willing to share our journeys with each other.

Pics from my friend John's Blog

1 comment:

levittmike said...

It's awesome that different generations can move pass their age differences, and together follow Jesus.

Blessings!

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...