Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

5 June 2012

Why I didn't become a Christian




I didn't become a Christian to sit static in a church.
I didn't become a Christian to have a boring life.
I didn't become a Christian to be solemn and bland.
I didn't become a Christian to find new lofty places of superiority to condemn from.
I didn't become a Christian to criticize God's church... His very bride.
I didn't become a Christian to propagate denomination and doctrine.
I didn't become a Christian to settle into a routine.
I didn't become a Christian to squash passions in others.
I didn't become a Christian to make ME feel good.
I didn't become a Christian to watch society pass me by.
I didn't become a Christian to be safe.
I didn't become a Christian to treat God's word like a dusty scroll to be protected from danger.
I didn't become a Christian to ignore my city.
I didn't become a Christian to have a reason to feel shame & embarrassment... nor pomposity.
I didn't become a Christian to verbally tear down my government & leaders.
I didn't become a Christian to ignore demographics and people groups.
I didn't become a Christian to be fashionable or trendy.
I didn't become a Christian to be stingy and prudent.
I didn't become a Christian to be quiet.
I didn't become a Christian to be popular.
I didn't become a Christian to be ineffectual.
I didn't become a Christian to be negative and hopeless.
I didn't become a Christian to find high moral ground to curse those who curse me from.
I didn't become a Christian to hoard LIFE to myself; missing the very point of Jesus.

Luckily... becoming a Christian doesn't mean any of those things.

I became a Christian because the very source of LIFE itself sought me out and transformed me. I told HIM that I'd do anything to stay living with such LIFE and I've found the path he led me down to be PACKED with this LIFE.

I did not make it; it is making me.
For the rest of my days... I will share this LIFE.

Use your heads as you live and work among outsiders. Don't miss a trick. Make the most of every opportunity. Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out.
Colossians 4:5-6 The Message



No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...