Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

25 August 2014

This is not a viral YouTube video

This is not a viral YouTube video.  It's not crisp, leveled or professional. It only has about 1,000 views. I don't like a whole lot of new music... but I found this video researching the background of one of my favorite new bands The Lone Bellow.  They are not-very-knows originally from the south; and now Brooklyn. They are not a "Christian Band" but are followers of Jesus singing amazing songs about life together.  This is not their amazing lead singer. Zach Williams.  They started singing together after Zach's wife was paralyzed in a freak accident and miraculously recovered. They moved to Brooklyn and now live life in tight-knit community.   This is Brian Elmquist, the other guy.  This is him in an "every-church" ... likely in a gym, singing an old old song to those devoted to following Christ .... even in NYC.  There are a dozen of these places in your city. It's dirty, simple and beautiful. 

I'm incredibly moved by "The Church."  You cannot remove it from our culture or human functioning.  It's a fundamental. It's a constant.  We need it and it needs us.  It's gnarly (difficult, dangerous, or challenging) (very good) ... both meanings.

CS Lewis said,

"I disliked very much their hymns, which I considered to be fifth-rate poems set to sixth-rate music.  But as I went on I saw the great merit of it.  I came up against different people of quite different outlooks and different education, and then gradually my conceit just began peeling off.  I realized that the hymns (which were just sixth-rate music) were, nevertheless, being sung with devotion and benefit by an old saint in elastic-side boots in the opposite pew, and then you realize that you aren’t fit to clean those boots.  It gets you out of your solitary conceit" 

I'm entirely unapologetic about my support of The Church.  If you're an artist, a business man, a bleeding heart, a lunch-box hero, an angsty teen or Man of Thought ... it's important to come, serve, give and sing together.  Because the song isn't complete without you.


No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...