Writer, Church leader, Eccentric Nut, Marketer

I'm Church Leader, Writer, Speaker, Marketer, Kindness Project Founder, Broadcaster and Superhero. But most important I'm a Husband, Father and a worshiper of Jesus.

24 December 2015

Christmas Eve Thoughts ~ "That's My King"


The Christmas season is always a lighting-rod for strong opinions; how to celebrate properly, how to greet properly, how give properly.  The truth is, that Jesus didn't put much weight on the variables.  I'd say He'd roll his eyes at our silliness, but He was too wonderful to do that.  He'd likely simply be thankful that we care enough to care.  Paul tried to push people higher in 1 Corinthians 8 when the followers of Christ were arguing about eating food sacrificed to idols.  He used that situation to force us to chill out about the stuff that doesn't mean much and look higher; to not put disproportionate value on the variables and disposables.  

This season... like every season is about Christ.  His birth messed... things... up for the world as it wanted to be.  It jumbled systems.  It turned the history of the world on it's head. Make no mistake, the Christmas story RIPPED open every sector of society.  Today, even the most vigilant attempts to do so, simply cannot remove the yeast-like rising influence of the man.  In hearts, lives, business, politics, cities and nations.

SM Lockridge says in this clip,

"You can't get Him out of your mind.  You can't get him off of your hand."   





That's MY King! Jesus was not a great moral teacher.  He never claimed to be so. CS Lewis wrote:

I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.” That is the one thing we must not say. A man who said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to

I don't much care how you celebrate Christmas.  I won't argue origins with you. It doesn't matter a lick to me if you Santa or don't.  Deal with gift-giving as you will.  I've done my personal processing and I'm comfortable how our family deal's with our current cultural variables and the other things that don't really matter.  But it might change. It's changed before.  Doesn't matter that much.  Do want you do on purpose... but realize that others will come to different conclusions because there really isn't a "proper" answer and you might change your mind too.  It's a variable and likely not that important.

But there is one thing that RINGS through my heart this Christmas Eve. 

Christ.  Christ.  Christ. 

St. Patrick wrote:

“Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.”

That's the Christmas Cry of heart today.
Merry Christmas
 

No comments:

Related Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...